Sunday, February 3, 2008

ARE SUNDAYS REALLY WORTH IT!

So today we went to Mic's brothers church because they were blessing their baby. Latley if we want to be on time for church we literally start getting ready hours before! Their church started at 11:00 so at about 9 I was getting the boys dressed, and even doing thier hair, hoping that it will stay done so that we look part way put together. I finished with them and started working on myself. Meanwhile Sawyer wakes up so now I am working on her, getting her fed, and dressed, hoping that she wont barf on whatever cute outfit I have tried to dress her in. Now I'm running back to my room to finish with getting ready. WOW, time has flown, its now 10:30, and we have to go because of the snow dump we received! I'm yelling at Mic to throw whatever MIGHT keep the boys entertained while we are sitting there, and we are running out the door!

Phew, we make it there on time, YEA US! Knowing my kids really well, I try not to sit too close to any cousins or else we are going to play musical chairs the whole meeting, or be putting out fights because they want the toys that their cousins have, or vise versa.

Ok meeting starts, they haven't even said the opening prayer yet, and instantly Sawyer is fussy wanting something, is she hungry, tired, or just wants the boys to stop touching her, your guess is as good as mine. So I stand up with her right by where we are sitting. Now this stops her from fussing, but it gives the boys a green light for them to either stand next to me, or just walk around.

Now the opening prayer, made it that far before Hayden has to go to the bathroom. Really do you have to go now, we left home 20 mins ago, you couldn't have gone then? But secretly Mic and I think he loves to SEE and PEE in each bathroom where ever we are just for the fun of it.Meanwhile Mack has loudly pushed a chair next to me to stand on so he can turn the lights on and off.

Now its time for the blessing Mic gets up to walk up to the front, and this gives the boys permission to bounce off the walls! Literally! I have Sawyer in one arm and Im wrestling Mack to stop him from running into the wall-again.
Blessing over, Hayden still has to pee so Mic walks back to take him out and Mack goes running after them. I dont know if Mack found them or now is running the halls who cares at this point, as long as I have one MINUTE to myself I'll worry about Mack later. They start passing the bread, in walk the boys and they sit down. Once they realize the bread has already been passed us the melt down happens. Now my 5 r. old is crying because he didn't get a peice of bread. Its ok Hayden we will take it next sacrament meeting we are at. Not the point for him, he's hungry NOW, and is mad that he missed the bread. Now seriously Im trying to have a conversation with this kid how one little, tiny peice of bread is not going to fill him up, and we can eat when we get home! Not what he wants to hear, but when he's being threatened that I'll flip his face if he doesn't stop crying, he chooses to wipe the tears and wait for the water.

Sawyer now is demanding to be fed. I cant leave Mic with these two the way they are, so I shuffle my seat into the very corner and start nursing her. Not the most ideal place. But at this point what am I going to do! I'm trying to be very descrete, but very hard when the two year old is trying either to pull the blanket off, or bounce on my leg. And every time I try to stop him he tries to either stick his tongue out at me, or pretend to spit at me! SWEET huh, its his new thing, so I keep flicking his face which is just making him more and more mad, and thus just encouraging him to keep doing it.

Not only am I dealing with him, but I chose to not wear the most ideal nursing attire either, and my skirt is up under my boobs, and my shade shirt is a little tight and its rolling up, exposing anything that is not under the blanket, the same blanket Mack wants to rip off!

Finish feeding her put my clothes HALF way back on and now the boys are fighting over the cookies we brought for them. We filled the bag 3/4 of the way full, there is plenty for both of them, but they each want to hold the bag. I rip it out of their hands, and now Im the bag holder. Not a bad job, just now I have no chance of them leaving my side!

Content for the first time since the meeting has started. Ok I might actually get to hear something that someone is saying. This peace lasts for just a little while until Mack finds a marker on the floor and is trying to get to the guys scriptures in front of us so he can go WILD and create a great master peice of art. Never mind that we brought our own crayons and coloring books, he is determined to write all over the guys books. Mic is wrestling him, while Hayden is hysterically laughing at the fact that Mack is throwing a fit, and getting in trouble!

I look over at Mic and ask if we should just leave. He looks at me as says "YA THINK????"

Since having Sawyer, sacrament meetings havent been well attended by us. Its NO wonder why! I think that today I felt like I had 6 kids. I was sweating and swearing, if I can be honest, and hoping nobody could hear me!

One day we will be that perfect little family, that all sits there quietly listening and loving just being there. But for now we will be the ones everyone knows as "THOSE KIDS" the ones that the parents cant keep quiet!!!

9 comments:

Chanté said...

I SO understand. And I only have a one year old. I have the hardest time getting to church these days. Either Brecken falls asleep right before we're getting ready to leave or she just screams because she wants to run around and torment everyone elses kids. Heaven help us!

Jana said...

K. I couldn't wait to read it once you told me about your venting. (I'm in that kind of mood today too.) We hate Sundays, too. We didn't even go to Sacrament today.... we just couldn't take it this morning.

I think nursing a baby when you have other kids is the hardest thing to do. That is the time when the other kids decide that they need your undivided attention, and if you can't give it, all hell will break loose.

Jana said...

I remember leaving a comment on BED BUGS, but I don't know what happened to it? Oh well. :)

McGiven Family.... said...

I am dying laughing...I know exactly how you feel. Church is so hard for us right now. Our kids are not old enough for nursery but do you really think they are going to sit on our laps for 3 hours, ya right! We have decided to go to sacrament as a family (we usually end up in the hall) and then one of us comes home with the boys and we switch off weeks. That is what we have to do for 2 more months. Oh the fun!

lramey said...

oh bother- it's a wonder anyone even bothers to try when they've got kids under 10 years of age I've decided! i sooo feel your pain!!! And don't worry, we sit in the 2nd to front row so that the Sasquatch I've married can have room to stretch his legs, and pretty sure the bishopric heard me say "oh my hell are you serious!!!" to Max the other day...so don't worry- swearing at church is the coolest!

RiverGirl said...

I really wish that would have been my ward.

emily said...

Sorry Shelby, but this story was FUNNY! Of course I totally feel for you...and mostly I was laughing because something like this has happened to everyone with kids (especially in some type of setting where you're supposed to be REALLY quiet). And sweating and swearing is totally my thing. The more I sweat (and stress) the more I swear. It's a vicious cycle!

Mia said...

I can so picture it and you being so frustrated with them. Looks like you are truly outnumbered! I could add a lot of words of wisdom about how it really is worth it for the practice of it, but you know all that am I am too busy laughing to be serious!

Cami said...

Shelb
I tagged you look at my blog to find out the details.