Thursday, February 21, 2008

CHARLIE

OK so I have been waiting to do this post. I am not sure why, I guess so I could get my emotions under control, and so I would know what to say. Neither of which I have done yet.
My sister-in-law told me this story of her cousins little boy . It is really a heart wrenching, sad, horrible situation, but at the same time a really amazing, uplifting, spiritual, story that has really taught me what a precious gift life really is! Not that I needed or wanted a reminder, after seeing Jeremy and Amanda, and their sweet little Payton.
Charlie is a 9 month old little boy who got meningitis. He got his immunizations for it, but got it anyway. This little boy has been the rounds with this sickness. From seizures to what they call storming, but is still fighting. His parents whom I have never met, are amazing. I'm sure they have their moments, but they are strong, faithful people, who throughout it all haven't lost their sense of humor. Most of the time I read their blog laughing and crying at the same time!
Honestly this has affected me in ways I cant even describe. The out pour of love and support they have received from people, perfect strangers is absolutely unheard of. In the 3 or so weeks that they have been there, this blog has had over 24,000 hits. People from all over the United States are watching and cheering for this family, and especially this little boy Charlie.
So if you have 20 or so minutes check out his blog, charliecooperjackjack.blogspot.com (Its at the top of my list) but start at the beginning, it will be worth your time. If you don't have time to read it, maybe you could include him in your prayers!

5 comments:

Chanté said...

Yeah, totally heart wrenching...I'm still reading through all the posts, but it really does put things into perspective. Thanks for giving the link.

robandsasha said...

Wow, thanks for sharing. How precious life really is. I have been sitting here reading it. Our prayers are definitely with that little family..

valerie said...

shelbs, just another reason why you are amazing....im at work crying.....yikes

Ash said...

Shelb I am checking it our for sure. Wow. I can't believe it. That really makes me realize how much we all really have. Love you.

Karleen said...

Hey! I thought I told you about my blog when you were here for Statton's birthday. How did you find it anyway?