Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sawyer Smiles


Wow babies grow really fast! The first 2 weeks for me drag on. Its funny that they come out and totally know you and what to do. They know your smell, and your heart beat, and they know how to latch on to nurse. When I delivered her, she came out screaming. She screamed pretty good until they laid her on my chest and I got to hold her and talk to her. She immediatly stopped crying. It was really amazing how well she already knew me. With that being said, why is it that you know nothing about them. You know how to do stuff for them, but you dont know what they like, or need! It takes me a while to get the hang of a newborn but now its just starting to really get fun. The other day she started smiling. Now its not all the time, but when she does it melts my heart! I love having kids, and she has added so much to our family already. Thank you Sawyer for coming to our family!

5 comments:

Jessica F. said...

So cute! I love when moms talk about how much they love what they do. You are a fabulous mom I am sure!

Chanté said...

Hi Shelby! I found your blog through Val's. I love your post, it's so sweet. Being a first time mom and having my baby lie on my chest was totally the most amazing thing in the world. It goes too fast though!

Mandy said...

I love all the new posts and pictures. Your kids are too cute! If it makes you feel any better, Saturdays at our house are anything but mellow. We crank the music loud too and Elle dances on the table just like that. Gotta love it.

The Crazy Clawson's said...

shelby she is so pretty. you are just the best mom too.....and your crazy boys are so cute as well......all around great family.

Cami said...

Holy cow you've been busy since I last saw you, I can't believe you had a baby, I didn't even know you were pregnant, she is so cute and I love her name. And you moved! We really need to catch up. I'm new to this blog thing and I don't even know how I found yours but Im glad I did.