Sunday, November 8, 2009

GLASSES





Ok so I have been meaning to do this post for a while...I am having issues with it. I had an lazy eye, my Mom found it when I was about 4 or 5. I had to be patched, and wear glasses. I still have issues when I think back about that, cause not only did I look ridiculous but they patch your good eye, and expect you to see out of your bad eye....but my bad eye I couldn't see anything out of! Try learning how to read with one eye that doesn't really work...not so much fun! And lets be honest kids are mean, and I got called all sorts of names. Had they caught it earlier they could have corrected it more then they were able to, but at least both my eyes look in the same direction...for that I am grateful!

Moving on...I was getting me eyes checked from a friend of ours, and Sawyer climbed up onto my lap after we were done. He decided to check out her eyes, as long as we were there. So hes checking, and then checking some more, and grabbing different instruments and looking again, I knew that there was a problem. He looks up and says "Well Shelby you passed your lazy eye on to your daughter.." Words that just warmed my heart!

So needless to say she already has glasses, and has to be patched for a few hours a day. I think that all my hatred for my situation is making me feel horrible about the fact that she has to go through the same thing...And the fact that Mic calls her "Corky" for those of you who remember the show, ( a name that now she kinda likes) and I think people treat her a little different like maybe she is "special needs" Sometimes I feel like I do, cause she looks the part! haha

So here are a few pictures of my Corky...I still love her to pieces





17 comments:

{Anne} said...

She looks so beyond cute in those glasses. You are a great mom for caring so much and being so sensitive to the situation. It is great you are getting the problem taken care of so early on so maybe she won't have the same bad feeling about that you do.

Ashley said...

I LOVE little kids in glasses--and she is a TINY kid in glasses--absolutely adorable!!! I hope it gets better before she is old enough to be bothered by it!

Chanté said...

First, the Corky thing is hilarious. Zach and I talk about that show all the time! Sawyer looks absolutely darling in her glasses. I can imagine how you feel though...but she looks so adorable.

Amanda said...

Awwww, I think she's adorable! Glad they caught it now.

Lacy said...

She is so cute and so were you with a patch and all! Stinkin mean kids.

Jessie said...

She looks darling Shelby!

Anne Marie said...

Trust me, the only feedback she will ever get is positive, glasses are a good thing, they make her unique. She looks absolutely adorable. After the Halloween party all my family could talk about was how adorable Sawyer looked in her classes!!!! Don't stress, Sawyer loves the extra attention, she's always been fabulous, now she's fabulous and spunky in her new eye accessories. I'm jealous, I've always wanted glasses, I even bought a fake pair once!

Christa said...

She is too cute!

Cami said...

Poor little thing I know how she feels. Ha Atleast she's adorable and her mom does cute hair! Don't worry Shelb she'll thank you some day!

Karleen said...

Oh my goodness I think she looks adorable. I don't think you should worry about how she looks. She looks so cute. I think she is starting to look like Hayden. Especially her smile.

Jana said...

She is SO cute. With or without glasses. :)

The Wells Family said...

I love it... Ok shelby you are such a doll, thanks for being so thoughtful, I'm doing great now, the "issues" really only last 2 or 3 weeks and then I'm back to normal but, it's definitely not fun while it lasts as you know.

The Crazy Clawson's said...

I can't even handle i..i was just thinking that at least she is small enough to really not understand...because remember when i wore my patch and glasses i was in second grade...she looks so stiking cute, and of course so smart

Shar said...

Corky. That made me laugh so hard!

I think she looks SO cute!

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

I think Corky is cutest thing ever still, and Kandon will still want her as his future wife so no worries here!!

emily said...

She looks absolutely ADORABLE in her little glasses! Seriously, what a beautiful little girl :-)

Brooke said...

I have a lazy eye too. they found it when i was 5 and i had to wear glasses, luckily they didn't make me do the patch. I stopped wearing glasses on my own in eigth grade. I still can't see out of it very well, my right eye does most of the work and you wouldn't know unless I said something, because it doesn't wander (for that I am grateful also). she'll do great, it will be over in no time!