Sunday, July 13, 2008

CALAMITY MACK

THE CULPRIT
THE PROBLEM




THE DESTINATION


Today I deserve the "Mother of the Year" title. Our Church starts at 9 am. Not that I am proud of this fact, but since Sawyer was born, our attendance to Sacrament meeting has been few and far between. Today we were going to make it. The boys were dressed at about 7:45 I was trying to get Sawyer to nap early, and then get myself ready. Once again the time flew before me and Church started. So now Mic and I are taking our time getting ready. Hayden and Mack are downstairs watching T.V. waiting for us......or so that is what I thought!
At about 9:30 or so, Hayden comes running upstairs to tell me that Mack went to church with Mr. Fuller (he doesn't get the Brother, Sister part yet), and Kampy (our across the street neighbors). I ask him how and why Mack went to church with them. He calmly tells me because they just brought him home!
First of all I didn't even know he was missing, second of all, he was where?
So Mic gets the rest of the story from the neighbors. He somehow makes it from our house to the church. Not a far distance, but there is a road to cross, and lets be honest stranger danger. He is now wondering the church, some Lady picks him up walks him into the front of Sacrament meeting, and is asking Mack if he sees his Mommy. Which of course he doesn't because we are all at home! So a combined effort between the Fullers, and my sister-in-law, Anne, they knew that Mack made it there with no help from us,(Anne knew right off something wasn't right, just by looking at the condition his hair was in) and they safely delivered him home!
Why in the world he would walk to church without us I will never know, and that he had no fear in crossing the street is totally terrifying!
So once again thanks to Mack for the really great lesson in how great of a mother I am! Thanks to all who helped in returning the child that I didn't even know was gone!

17 comments:

Chanté said...

It's hard to get to church on time with babies! But what a sweet little guy for going on his own! That's too funny. I looove the pic of him!

Amanda said...

Too cute and scary all at the same time!

Christa said...

It all makes sense to me now! I saw him run up to the front of the chapel and Julene grabbed his hand and walked to the back with him. I didn't see you in the back but just thought you must be in the building.

I can't believe he made it to the church. He is very smart!

{Anne} said...

Oh my heck. It all makes sense now. That is hilarious and horrible. Good thing he made it to and from, safely. WOW. Those types of "mother of the year" moments are not fun!

robandsasha said...

How funny and how very scary for you at the same time! Isn't it great when we give ourselves "Mom of the Year Awards". I think I have been given that award all too often!

Lacy said...

Lets be honest, that kid is a freakin' riot!!! I have a feeling you are going to have a lot of these types of stories with him!

Mia said...

Sounds like Mack is ready to go to church with or without you. Let's see if that sticks when he is a teenager! Hilarious story...thanks. By the way, I am trying to schedule a surprise luncheon baby shower for Jessie (just boy stuff) and kind of casual. I'll let you know soon.

BRINLEY & HADLEY'S MOM said...

It is a very good thing that he is so dang cute. I think we should focus on the positive things from this. You and Mic no longer need to worry about getting up so early and going to church. Just make sure that their is a dress set out for Saywer and let the boys handle the rest. You have obviously tested the theory and Mack was in totally good hands from start to finish. You can obviously do whatever but I think you should consider this, even if it's just once a month!!!

emily said...

O.k. this story could have had a bad ending...luckily it didn't. And I have to say that I had a GOOD laugh while reading it. And I just love the picture too...

Amanda said...

Funny and scary at the same time! You gotta keep tabs on kids now a days, they are way too smart and fearless.

Karleen said...

OK Shelby that is so funny. I love your kids they are so cute and funny.

The Crazy Clawson's said...

im waiting for the day when this happens to me.......it is just bound to happen to someone.....so funny......he just really wanted to fee the spirit that day....whats a kid to do

Shaunna said...

okay, that is the BEST story I've heard in a long time!!!! That'll teach you to get yourselves to church on time!!!! That really made my day!

Lana said...

Hey you, thinking of you today!
I feel for you on that story with Mack! Life just wouldn't be as fun without the crazy things our kids do, right? I love him.
I LOVE all the pictures posted of your kids from the photo shoot. The are absolutely gorgeous!! I also love the bathtub photo. That is priceless memories.

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh Shelby. At least he wanted to go to church right? Good place to run away to.

Look at that blond hair! Holy cow! I love it!

Megan said...

I love him, Shelby.

The Wells Family said...

So I took a long break from blogging so I didn't hear this story then I ran into Todd Sparks and he told me about it so I had to come and read it and I can not stop laughing, I hope you are keeping notes on all the funny things your kids do.