Wednesday, May 20, 2009

KEEP GOING



I read this the other day on my cousins blog, and it just really hit home!  I wanted to share it with everyone!


Elder L. Tom Perry
"There are cycles of good and bad times, ups and downs, periods of joy and sadness, and times of plenty as well as scarcity.
When our lives turn in an unanticipated and undesirable direction, sometimes we experience stress and anxiety. One of the challenges of this mortal experience is to not allow the stresses and strains of life to get the better of us—to endure the varied seasons of life while remaining positive, even optimistic.
Perhaps when difficulties and challenges strike, we should have these hopeful words of Robert Browning etched in our minds:
“The best is yet to be”.
We can’t predict all the struggles and storms in life, not even the ones just around the next corner, but as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond the shadow of any doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and THE BEST IS YET TO COME"

16 comments:

Chanté said...

What a great quote. I love it!

Jessie said...

Just EXACTLY what I needed to read today!!

strickland party of six said...

That is so true as I read that I felt some peace that I had not felt all day. It is nice to stop and read things like this when all of us are so busy I guess thats why we have scrpitures but I dont read mine very offten. {maybe I should}??? thanks for sharing it kinda humbled the day!!!

{Anne} said...

So true! Thanks for sharing. I always need words of incouragement.

Karleen said...

Love the quote thanks for sharing it. We all know that everyone needs to hear that especially right now. It was so good to see some your family on Sunday. I wish you could have come. Hope you feel better soon.

kerry said...

You know I love it!! Hope you're great!

Shaunna said...

I love how much peace that the gospel brings. It doesn't say that you won't feel uncomfortable, it says that if we hold fast, we'll make it through! Thanks for sharing, Shelby.

Shar said...

So true, Miss Shelby! I loved it!

We need another girls weekend. Or maybe just a night. I'll take anything!

Karleen said...

Happy late birthday to Mack. Love- Ty, Kar, Bos and Stat

Melissa said...

Thanks for that! Ok, so everyone LOVES Taylor's hair! Thanks so much for the cute cut!

Katie said...

Thanks for the comment, turns out, as if things were not bad enough i have mastitis!!!! kill me now!!!

Melissa said...

I can't seem to find your email address and wanted to re-invite you to my blog... maybe the first time never went through? Anyway, will you email me at stahelije@gmail.com?
Thanks!

lynnett said...

Great Quote! hey check out frogzog.com for coupons

Tobler Bunch said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful quote!

brooke said...

Great quote! How are you doing? I miss you! YOu always make me laugh. I knew you would feel my pain on the family picture--our outfits seriously keep me up at night and now that I have everyone's two cents--I'm even more stressed!

Lana said...

That is so great! I want to write that down somewhere.