Saturday, April 18, 2009

OUR CHRISTMAS MISHAP




OK so I think that enough time has lapsed to share some sad, and embarrassing news!  Mic and I last minute decided to have this cute little thing join our family....



It was a Christmas gift for our kids, and trust me the hours of debating back and forth of getting her or not was EXHAUSTING!  

Well on a little side note, for any of you who don't already know after I have babies I get instant anxiety!  The type where I can hardly sleep, and I go into "crazy" mode.

So we pick her up Christmas Eve night, and instantly I love her.  We get everything ready and get into bed, and low and behold INSTANT anxiety!  It was honestly like I just had had a new baby!  I had instant diarrhea and panic attacks.  The next morning, going on about 2 hours of sleep  I am exhausted and overwhelmed, but trying to be a good sport we get the kids down the stairs and while they are looking at their Santa gifts under the tree we open the door let her run out!   All three of my kids start crying!  Not tears of joy, but of  panic and fear!  None of them would let her touch them!  We haven't had the dog out 3 minutes before we had to lock her away to open presents, and I heard over and over Mom don't let that dog back out!  

They warmed up to her over that day and the next.  But I couldn't talk myself out of this crazy anxiety that I was having.  Then Hayden started into asthma attacks, and hives.  Add that to my constant panic attacks and that dog had NO chance.  Mic swooped her up 2 days after Christmas and returned her to stop the madness at our house!!  

 I will have to say it is up there with one of my MOST embarrassing moments, and it was hard even though my kids weren't too excited about her, to have to tell them she wasn't staying!  Oh well lesson learned...NO dogs for us!

This next picture is just a little picture of the hives on Hayden.  This was day one, it got much worse as the days went on!







10 comments:

Chanté said...

Well what was her name for those two days?! She really is cute but dogs are a lot of (annoying) work! Funny story though; but sad to hear of the diarrhea and hives!

Jessie said...

Okay, can I just tell you that Grant is the same way!!! When we first got Bella (oldest chihuahua) Grant didn't sleep a wink because the anxiety set in. We had to take him to Urgent Care the next day because he was SO SICK!!! He gave himself the flu like symptoms.
Then we got Mango(our little chihuahua)...and the same freaking thing!! Didn't sleep, stayed up all night worrying, got himself SO sick.

So...to make a long story short, we always joked about what it would be like when we actually had a real baby, because at the time we didn't have kids. I always told Grant that I was afraid he was going to die when we had a baby, and when we had Crew, he worked himself up into a frenzy and got himself so sick again!

Im glad that Grant isn't the only one!

lramey said...

i'm dying that you just barely put that on here...you are hilarious!!! so sad that it didn't work out...well, not really, seems it wasn't meant to be! Just reaffirms my rule that NO DOGS will ever be allowed at my house!! UGH!!!

she was cute- but for reals!? dogs are a pain in the buttox!

Lacy said...

Poor Hayden is going to be just like me...when he goes to someones house and they have a dog, he will have to leave! Poor kid.

Amanda said...

Sad and hilarious at the same time! I hope you guys had a relaxing time in St. George. Still wish we could've made it. I can't wait until Jeremy is done with this Saturday class. His final is this Saturday so hopefully we'll be able to do some weekend trips again. I hope you got my message wishing you a happy late birthday. Hope it was a good one. miss ya

Mia said...

She doesn't look terribly ferocious, but apparently she is hazardous to everyone's health!

Shar said...

That is so funny!

That's what Christmas would be like at our house if we brought home a dog. Terrorizing screams from everyone. Including me.

Cami said...

Your just going to have to stick to turtles! Oh wait that didn't work either. Sorry guys :)

Di and Justin said...

Holy Crap that was the best story I have heard.... I am glad I am not the only one who gets ill when I make choices.. Justin always laughs that he can tell when I am worried about something :)
love ya

Di and Justin said...

NO LIE.. I sometimes have to just read this story when I'm not having a great day..AND INSTANTLY BETTER..... so THANK YOU!...